The Vatican criminal organization
I find this amusing.
It is not really relevant what the pope did or did not say. The so-called "Holy See" is a fucking criminal organization and the pope is the head of that fucking criminal organization. As such, it's not really important what he does or does not say during his visit.
Short historical recap: here are some links to some things the criminal organization in question did in the past:
1. Had a nice institution called the Roman Inquisition.
2. Executed Giordano Bruno by burning him at the stake.
3. Tried and tortured Galileo and a bunch of other scientists whose theories did not fit the dogma
4. Banned Books (abolished only in 1966!)
5. Kidnapped people.
in more recent times:
6. helped nazis escape
7. is being the #1 money-laundering organization in the world (link, link).
8. Funds terrorists in the palestinian authority and others (link to be added)
9. Harbors pedophiles (link
10. Impedes stem-cell research and other science it deems "unholy" (fortunately they can't burn people those days).
11. Spreads anti-abortion propaganda
Q: What has changed in the Holy See and the structure of the catholic church since the inquisition?
A: they lost some of their former power. Naturally, this did not happen voluntarily. And nothing at all changed in its internal structure. If they could torture scientists that do "ungodly" research, like that into embryonic stem cells, they would.
But instead of being treated like the criminal organization that they are, they are given a seat in the UN and have presense in most of the world-- this is called "diplomatic relations," mind it.
oh well, not that I would expect anything else.